Thursday, January 10, 2008

Use Me

The one thing the devil fears more than any other is a God's man or woman who is willing to say those two little words each day:Use Me. We especially grab his attention when God burdens us to begin inviting others to explore a relationship with Christ. He will stop at nothing to keep these two little words from ever being fused together in prayer. He needs to keep them seperate in your life. Use Me. Two little words---A verb and a pronoun. What's the big deal, you say? Put the two together, speak them sincerely to God, and mean it. In the natural realm, it may seem insignificant. But in the spiritual world there are huge repercussions.
  • It means a warrior has been added, ready to fight for souls.
  • It means salvation and transformation of lives.
  • It means forgiveness and healing.

Imagine the footholds of the enemy that will be taken back, live saved, relationships transformed, just because you prayed these two little words and meant them. Use Me...

PaulP

1 comment:

Clay said...

Your post has had me thinking quite a bit this morning and afternoon...

How often do we think that we ask God to use us, but it tends to go something like this, "Use me, but..."? "Use me, but only use me on Sundays and Wednesdays because I don't have time on any of those other days to commit to something. Use me, but only use me where I will feel comfortable and where I'll be around friends. Use me, but don't make me sacrifice my Internet, cell phone, television, computer, or any other gadget or device that I think I can't live without. Use me, but don't make me to go a foreign country where they have disease or poverty; I might catch something. Use me, but..." The list goes on and on.

I know that I'm not alone when I say that I have experienced some, not all, of these things and I put limitations on what I want God to use me for. Two words really stood out to me, "sincerely" and "transformation". I believe that too many times we don't say "Use me" sincerely because we're afraid of the transformation that will probably take place. We would like to think that it would be a small spiritual transformation, one we can handle, but why would we hope for such low expectations? Is our God not bigger than any limitations we would like to put on Him?