Saturday, February 9, 2008

Look Up!



Years ago, as a rookie fire fighter, during a large apartment fire, I was sent up to the top of an extended ladder on the ladder truck to be the nozzleman. About three quarters of the way up(about 75 feet) I made the mistake of looking down. The truck looking very small combined with the wind and smoke made for a frightening experience. At that moment I began to lose my balance. The only thing that kept me from coming off of that ladder was what I heard my Captain shouting ,"Look up,son! Look up!" I did as he said and regained my balance.

Similarly, when our focus is on the circumstances that we face, the winds and smoke of life, we can easily lose our balance and our direction. But when we switch our focus onto the victory that the Lord has already provided-- it is then that we will be able to maintain our stability, finish the assignments we have been given and get to the top!

Are you feeling unstable today? Let's Look Up! There's no reason to look anywhere else--- God has the victory already won... Psalm 98:1

PaulP

No comments: