Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Unquenching the Spirit. (PART 1)

  When we continually ignore  the Holy Spirit,s guidance we will lose the ability to hear him.  This is called quenching the Spirit. This has been bothering me for obvious reasons.  Since I have indeed quenched the Holy Spirit somewhat lately;  as we all do from time to time.  Can it be restored by restoring my fellowship with God?  My searching produce this ending for me, as I already knew the answer !!actually beginning.
--------------------------Here's what I found. ----------------------------
 People lose the ability to hear the Holy Spirit by consistently ignoring his advice. They ignore him because their   ( me) are unwilling to yield their independence to him.  Since He's a counselor and not a commander, he can't make us obey him, so we just tune him out.
   In truth, it's actually a bit more than just losing the ability to hear him.   It's actually a bit more than just losing the ability to hear Him. Paul said, "Don't quench the spirit. " in 1 Thes. 5:19  he literally meant "Don't put out his fire. "

No comments: