Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Somewhere in the Middle

Have you ever heard a song that inspires, uplfts, encourages,or even convicts you to the point to where it makes you quit listening and begin to deal with an issue or issues in your personal life that can only be dealt with between you and your God through times of prayer and meditating in the Word??? -Listen to some of the Lyrics of this song-
"Somewhere between the Hot and the Cold-Somewhere between the new and the Old-
Somewhere between who I am and who I used to be-Somewhere in the middle, you'll
find me- Just how close can I get ,Lord, to my surrender without losing all control.......(Chorus)
Fearless Warriors in a picket fence, reckless abandon wrapped in common sense--
Deep water faith in the shallow end and we are caught in the middle- with eyes wide
open to the differences,the God we want and the God who is-But will we trade our
dreams for His or are we caught in the middle...?"
This is the first verse and the chorus to a song "Casting Crowns" has out called "Somewhere in the Middle". I've been in this place so many times that I am actually ashamed to admit it. The sadness of knowing that you are not where you should be , and the devestation that it can do to your soul can happen quickly; But I know that God Loves and can Heal and Restore...
The very last sentence wrote in this song (by Mark Hall) goes like this---
"Lord, I feel you in this place and I know your by my side-- Loving me even on these nights
when I'm caught in the Middle."
Galatians 2:20 - says " My Old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.."
So- sometimes we end up in the "Middle" but we don't have to stay there,because there is a loving and caring God that can Restore and Heal.
Have a good day--PaulP

No comments: