Friday, May 9, 2008

Part - Time Christian ?

If you ever read this blog you can tell that it has not had much traffic in the past few months. The main reason for that is I have taken a part/full time job, that I enjoy.
But it makes me think - are our lives that are supposedly to be dedicated to our Savior the same as my part-time job, just part/full time (more part -than -full)?

Is your heart divided? Or does God have a piece of your heart, but the rest belongs to you? Or someone else? If you've given your heart wholly to God, perhaps you remember a time when your heart was divided, A divided heart places our entire lives in jeopardy. Only God can be totally trusted with our hearts. He doesn't demand our complete devotion to feed His ego, but to provide for our safety.

Many motives exist for serving God other than pleasure and delight. God wants us to serve Him with a willing spirit, one that would choose no other way. Right now you may be frustrated because serving and knowing God is not your greatest pleasure. You may be able to instantly acknowledge a divided heart. Your question may be how can I change the way I feel?
You can't- But God can. Give Him your heart -- your whole heart. Give Him permission to change it.
Deuteronomy 30:6 says " The Lord your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love Him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live."

I know we will never be men and women after God's own heart with half-hearted devotion. A heart wholly devoted to God is a heart like His.

Yes this new job makes me part/time to my blog -and part/time to some of my yard work and -part/time to some other task at hand - but it will not let my heart become part/time to Him- the one that delivers me from all sorts of trials and is my ultimate deliverer at the end of the ages--deserves way more than a part/full time mentality. SO how's your heart have you became a "Part time Christian ?"

Here's an ending thought from PaulP--"God didn't call us to follow other people; He called us to follow Him wholeheartedly!"

No comments: